SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - NOVEMBER 09: Andrew Nabbout of Melbourne shows his dejection after loosing the round five A-League match between Sydney FC and the Melbourne Victory at Allianz Stadium on November 9, 2013 in Sydney, Australia. (Photo by Brett Hemmings/Getty Images)

Melbourne City FC have announced the signing of Australian forward Andrew Nabbout ahead of the 2020/21 A-League season.

The 27-year-old joins the Club on a one-year deal from cross-town rivals Melbourne Victory.

Nabbout has previously played for J-League’s Urawa Red Diamonds, Malaysia’s Negeri Sembilan and Newcastle Jets.

Melbourne-born Nabbout is a dynamic, versatile forward who has made his name in the A-League, totalling 108 appearances over six seasons and scoring 31 goals.

Melbourne City FC Director of Football Michael Petrillo said:

“We’re excited to be adding Andrew to our squad for the upcoming season as we continue to strengthen our team in our tilt towards silverware,” Petrillo said.

“Andrew has shown over his time in the A-League that he is an invaluable asset to any team with his pace, power and skill in the final third and will fit really into our City style of play under Patrick Kisnorbo.

“His attributes and experience will bring so much upside to the team in 2020/21.”

Andrew Nabbout said this about his new club:

“I’m delighted to be joining Melbourne City for the upcoming season,” Nabbout said.

“City are an ambitious club who want to achieve the ultimate success and I want to be a part of that environment. The club have set the standard throughout the league with its style of play and I feel with that, I can play a major role for the team moving forward.

“I’m from Melbourne, my family are in Melbourne and to continue in this city with Melbourne City is special for me.”

Nabbout is the Club’s fifth signing of the 2020/21 pre-season.

The star striker has represented Australia nine times and was apart of the 23-man squad at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.