Matildas star Sam Kerr has been nominated for the 2017 FIFA world’s best women’s player after a scintillating past 12 moths of football.
Kerr, 23, is one of 10 players who have been nominated for the world’s most prestigious individual honour.
That list will be cut down to just three players next month, before the winner is announced on October 23 in London.
Kerr has scored 22 goals in 33 games with US National Soccer League side, Sky Blue FC, and last season won the Julie Dolan Medal as the W-League’s player of the Year, while captaining Perth Glory to the grand final.
She continued her stunning form in the recent Tournament of Nations, scoring four goals as the Matildas won the tournament.
2017 Best FIFA Women’s player nominees:
- Lucy Bronze (ENG — Manchester City Women)
- Deyna Castellanos (VEN — Santa Clarita Blue Heat)
- Pernille Harder (DEN — Linkopings / VFL Wolfsburg (Women))
- Sam Kerr (AUS — Perth Glory / Sky Blue FC)
- Carli Lloyd (USA — Houston Dash / Manchester City Women)
- Dzsenifer Marozsan (GER — Olympique Lyonnais Feminin)
- Lieke Martens (NED — FC Barcelona Femeni)
- Vivianne Miedema (NED — Arsenal Women)
- Wendie Renard (FRA — Olympique Lyonnais Feminin)
- Jodie Taylor (ENG — Arsenal Women)