PERTH, AUSTRALIA - JULY 26: The Match Ball during the FFA Cup round of 32 match between Sorrento FC and Canberra Olympic at Percy Doyle Reserve on July 26, 2017 in Perth, Australia. (Photo by Daniel Carson/Getty Images)

South Melbourne 1-0 Edgeworth Eagles 

A 94th-minute winner to star striker Milos Lujic helped South Melbourne progress through to the round of 16 after they held off Edgeworth in a tough encounter.

Former Central Coast striker Daniel McBreen had numerous chances to break the deadlock throughout the game, including having his shot cleared off the line in the first half.

As the game wore on, South Melbourne looked the most likely to break the deadlock, although they had to wait until the last play of the game before they got the breakthrough.

Lujic's header took his incredible goal tally at South Melbourne to 110 goals in 125 games, as the home side advanced through to the next round.

Hills Brumbies 3-6 Hakoah Sydney City East

History was made in New South Wales on Wednesday night, as the Brumbies and Sydney City were involved in the highest scoring FFA Cup match ever.

Hills took the lead three times during the opening 90 minutes against their higher-ranked side opponent, although Neil Jablonski's 89th-minute leveller saw Hakoah take the match through to extra time.

Three goals in the additional half hour period saw the NPL1 side outclass their opponents, and move through to the final 16.

The match was reminiscent of the Northern Falcons' unbelievable come from behind win against Altona North in the early stages of the competition, as the Falcons overturned a 3-0 deficit to record an 8-4 extra time win.

Bankstown Berries 2-1 Metrostars

Bankstown caused a boil-over on the opening night of the round of 32, as the NSW NPL2 side overcame their South Australian NPL opponents 2-1.

The Berries took the lead early in the first half through Jake Bradshaw, and doubled their lead just minutes after the main break through Perry Moustakas.

Metrostars then took over the contest in search on a goal to get themselves back in the tie, but could only muster a goal in the final minutes of stoppage-time, which allowed for the Berries to hold on for a massive victory.

Sorrento FC 1-0 Canberra Olympic

Last season's semi-finalists Canberra Olympic were knocked out at the round of 32 stage this campaign, after going down to Sorrento FC.

Sean Canham's early header was enough to see the home side sneak through to the next round.