GOSFORD, AUSTRALIA - MARCH 24: Sydney FC players and fans celebrate the winning goal during the round 24 A-League match between the Central Coast Mariners and Sydney FC at Central Coast Stadium on March 24, 2018 in Gosford, Australia. (Photo by Ashley Feder/Getty Images)

The A-League season is coming to crunch time, with just a few weeks until the Finals begin, teams are vying for each position to allow themselves the best opportunity to take home the Champions plate at the end of the season.

Adelaide 5 Р2 Newcastle 

Adelaide dominated the Jets on Friday night, with the absence of Andrew Nabbout and Dimi Petratos finally hitting the team in the middle of the park.

Yet on Friday night, it was all Adelaide with the offensive display, as they were too strong in the middle of the ground, and ultimately on the scoreboard.

Daniel Adlung scored a first half brace to give his side the momentum, while Ryan Kitto, Johan Absalonsen and Dzengis Casusevic all scored to crush the 10-men Newcastle Jets.

Jason Hoffman was sent off in the second half for his second bookable offence, all but ruling out an unlikely comeback at Hindmarsh Stadium.

Ben Kantarovski was able to score two himself to give the Jets some confidence heading into the final stretch of the season.

Central Coast Mariners 1 – 2 Sydney FC

Sydney FC has extended their lead to five points against second placed Jets, with a 2-1 victory over Central Coast. The reigning premiers were able to find a way against the second last placed Mariners, courtesy of Matt Simon’s goal in the 93rd minute.

It was a real arm-wrestle for the Sky Blues, unable to dominate like they have for most of the season, with the Mariners holding their own defensively, and being lively in attack.

However, they were unable to hold a fast attack as the clock ran down, with a deflected cross meeting Simon’s head at the back post, heading the Sky Blues to within history of a premiership plate.

Melbourne City 3 – 0 Western Sydney Wanderers

Melbourne City were able to jump cross-town rivals, Victory, into third spot on the A-League table with a dominant display over the Wanderers at AAMI Park.

It was a classy display either side of the break, with City able to open the scoring in the 42nd minute, courtesy of star-striker, Bruno Fornaroli. Returning from half-time, Michael Jakobsen’s header and Stefan Mauk’s goal was able to all but settle the result, with the game all but over by the 65th minute.

Wellington Phoenix 2 – 2 Brisbane Roar

A stellar save in the dying minutes of the game has allowed Roar to be able to hold onto one point in a tense 2-2 draw against the Phoenix. Roar opened the scoring through Brett Holman’s wonder kick, only for it to be squared up through Andrija Kaluderovic just three minutes later. Just ten minutes went by until Phoenix then grabbed the lead, courtesy of Logan Rogerson, before the Roar then squared it up four minutes later through Thomas Kristensen, with neither team able to hold a lead and create a gap in the scoring.

Nathan Burns’ shot in the 88th minute looked in for all money. However, with a slight fingertip from keeper, Jamie Young, it was then able to hit the crossbar and remain in play, giving the Roar a much needed point as they hold onto within closing distance of sixth placed Wanderers.

Perth Glory 1 – 0 Melbourne Victory

Melbourne Victory has missed the opportunity to maintain third spot on the table, with a disappointing 1-0 loss to the Glory in Perth.

Striker, Andy Keogh was able to break the deadlock in the 42nd minute, before the Glory defended for majority of the second half, keeping the Victory at bay.

It looked as like Victory may have equalised through marquee man, Besart Berisha, only for it to be waved offside in the dying minutes, with the Glory able to hold onto a much needed three points as they sit one point out of the top six.